Otter Tail Country Tourism
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Another Winter Safety Reminder - 5 Snowmobile Safety Tips
Arctic Cat's recall is a voluntary one. No injuries have been reported due to the malfunctioning part of the suspension, but company officials are asking snowmobile owners to bring their machines in for a free repair at their local dealership.
The 18 year old who's snowmobile fell into Third Crow Wing Lake December 30th, 2010 was identified as Lukas Neubarth.
This is a great time to remind you to be careful while snowmobiling in Otter Tail Country. Here are some snowmobile safety tips:
1) Be sure to check your equipment before riding and wear a helmet.
2) Have a plan, and tell your friends where you'll be riding.
3) Know your trails and follow all safety guidelines.
4) Open water can occur. Always be aware. The heavy snow this year has put a lot of weight on the lakes/rivers we like to ride and ice fish on, creating stress cracks and on-ice flooding.
5) Common sense is the easiest way to prevent most incidents - use it!
Have any other tips? Share them with us in the comments!
-Al, Otter Tail Country Tourism Team
posted by Al